Are you ever stumped as to how to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart?
Well, here are some suggestions that are guaranteed to get your cognitive juices flowing.
- Don’t wait until Valentine’s Day. Start a few days before: use a flower or a thoughtful note to count down the days until Valentine’s Day. Raise her expectations because you’ll be able to meet them!
- Plan to spend the entire day together.
- Begin with breakfast in bed. Whether or not you intend to give her a bouquet of her favorite flowers, make sure there is a single rose on the breakfast tray. (Note: burning the toast is okay; it’s the thought that counts.)
- Whether you’ve been together 6 months or 60 years, prepare a list of questions for both of you to answer, with the goal of learning something new about each other.
- Communicate how you feel and what you love about her. Share your hopes and dreams and how you plan to reach them, remembering that women love to feel included.
- Go on a long drive, stopping for a light lunch along the way.
- Schedule an in-home massage.
- Watch a romantic movie.
- Take an afternoon nap (not during the movie).
- Arrange a scavenger hunt before dinner that culminates with her Valentine’s Day gift.
- Recreate your first date.
- Arrange for a candlelit dinner at home, at her favorite restaurant, or at a new one you know she wants to try.
- Visit an after-dinner club; dance to a song or two.
- Come home to a bed sprinkled with flower petals, candlelight, and a sophisticated box of chocolate on her pillow.
- Have no expectations ;-)
If you’re still stumped, ask yourself this: Other than diamonds and puppies, what excites women more than shoes and handbags? ❤️